A Sealer can help to save your countertop and make it look as good as new for longer. It can help make it look healthy and gorgeous as well, which is really amazing. But you need to use the best concrete countertop sealer to get the best effects.
Yet, finding the best sealer is not the easiest task thanks to the hundreds of different products and manufacturers on the market.
To help you with that, we’ll review the top 5 sealers that you use on your concrete countertop to get the best results. We’ll also cover a buyer’s guide and a FAQ session to help you get even more clear on it.
Best Concrete Countertop Sealer Review
Let’s review the top 5 concrete countertop sealers that you can find on the market.
1. GlobMarble Concrete Countertop Water Based Sealer XS-327
- Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-327 Matte. 1 Kit. Excellent heat resistance. Withstands temperatures up to 300°F
- Concrete water-base sealer - modified acrylic co-polymer emulsion that doubles as a membrane forming curing compound and a long-lasting sealer, especially formulated for architectural applications. Concrete Water-BaseSealer quickly dries to a semi-gloss, non-yellowing and durable barrier against moisture, oil and most stains. Concrete Water-Base Sealer is a milky white liquid that sprays on blue and dries clear on any horizontal concrete surface.
- MIXING RATIO 3 parts “A” to 2 parts “B” (water maybe added see raos below). COVERAGE Approximately 100 ft² per qt. (9.3 m² per 0.9 L) of catalyzed and diluted product 4 mils wet / completed system 2 mils cured
- WINTER FREEZE WARNING: This product could be frozen during shipping. We provide the shipping of the sealer with FREEZE PROTECTION. Please contact us to receive additional information.
- ALL TAXES, DUTIES AND LOCAL FEES AT THE DESTINATION COUNTRY WILL BE PAID BY BUYER. OUR SHIPPING COST INCLUDES DELIVERY TO A DESTINATION ADDRESS ONLY. ALL GLOBMARBLE PRODUCTS ARE SHIPPED FROM THE UNITED STATES
Globmarbe has some of the best premium sealers that you can find in the market. The GlobMarble Concrete Countertop Water Based Sealer XS-327 is an amazing option for you if you are looking for a sealer for your concrete countertop.
This has a lot of premium features that make it better than almost all other water based sealers. However, you need to pay a bit more for it as well.
The GlobMarble Concrete Countertop Water Based Sealer XS-327 will give you an excellent matt finish that you’ll love. Also, it’s very smooth and clean, and it dries out pretty quickly, which can be very helpful.
Also, this sealer is food safe, which can be a big issue with other sealers. If you have children in your house, you need that feature to avoid any unwanted accidents.
But the most important thing about this sealer is that it helps to increase the durability of your concrete countertop by a lot. It can withstand 300 degrees of heat, which is very impressive for a sealer to have.
- Great matt finish
- Amazing heat resistance
- Enhances the durability by a lot
- Food safe
- Not the most affordable sealer
2. Cheng Concrete Sealer 500 Ml
- Food-safe + Water-based + Non-toxic = CHENG Concrete Sealer, Coverage = 30-40 Sq Ft
- Ideal for Concrete Countertops, Integral Sinks, Fire Places, and Furniture
- “Hybrid” Technology that Penetrates Deep into the Concrete Leaving a Lustrous Surface Finish
- WINTER FREEZE WARNING: This product should NOT be frozen, please DO NOT order into freezing areas
- OVERNIGHT SHIPPING is recommended for winter in cold climates.
Cheng concrete is a renowned company that produces some of the best quality products that you can find on the whole marketplace. Their top-selling Cheng Concrete Sealer 500 Ml is a solid option that you can get for your concrete countertop.
It has absolutely no odor, which can be a big issue for a lot of people. Also, it’s very safe to use as well. It’s food safe and toxic-free, and that’s just the features you need if you have children in your house.
Also, the sealer helps to give a gorgeous finish to your concrete countertop that you are going to love.
Another great thing about it is that you can use it for various places as well. That kind of versatility is pretty rare for sealers in that price range.
So, if you are looking for a great concrete countertop sealer, the Cheng Concrete Sealer 500 Ml is a great option that you can try out. You will be impressed by its quality and finish.
- No odor whatsoever
- Very safe to use
- Exceptional finish
- Best value of your money
- Not for cold environments
3. Concrete Countertop Sealer Semi-Gloss Finish Food Safe Water Based (100 ft²) 1 Quart Kit XS-327
- Semi-Gloss formulated sealer has a slight sheen to enhance your Concrete, Soap Stone, Flag Stone, Raw Travertine, and Sand Stone Counter top surfaces.
- XS-327 Penetrating sealer protects your counter tops from food stains, scratches and water absorption and also provides an abrasion resistant finish for years of durability.
- Excellent heat resistances, withstands temperatures up to 300°F
- Low odor Water-Based Technology makes it the ideal coating for indoor applications that require a low VOC sealer. (<50g/l)
- (100 sq. ft) Concrete and Stone Counter-Top Sealer 1 Quart Kit
Surecrete is another well-renowned company that produces some of the most premium products in the entire marketplace. The Concrete Countertop Sealer Semi-Gloss Finish Food Safe Water Based (100 ft²) 1 Quart Kit XS-327 is one of the best sealers that you can use on your concrete countertop.
This sealer has a tiny bit of shine to it, which makes your concrete countertop look gorgeous. Also, it helps to increase the lifespan of it by preventing scratches and stains.
It gives a heat resistance of 300 degrees approximate, which is very impressive. Also, it’s a water based sealer, and that’s why it dries out pretty fast.
So if you are searching for a top-class sealer for your concrete countertop, the Concrete Countertop Sealer Semi-Gloss Finish Food Safe Water Based (100 ft²) 1 Quart Kit XS-327 is undoubtedly going to be the perfect fit for you. It might take a few more bucks to get, but it’s worth every single penny.
- Natural shine elevates the finish
- Provides excellent durability
- Very low odor
- Has very good coverage
- Not the most affordable sealer
4. Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12. High Gloss, Countertop Clear Food Safe Sealer
- Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12
- Concrete solvent based sealers are specially formulated hybrid solvent based coating designed for application over completed concrete sealer surfaces (concrete countertops, cement based terrazzo, GFRC). Concrete solvent based sealers provdes a low-VOC, penetrating film forming, color enhancing, high gloss, wear surface.
- Although suitable for residential applications, creates commercial grade abrasion resistance for he concrete countertops, fireplace surrounds, shower panels, floor tiles, wall panels, based surfaces, driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, stucco, and concrete block.etc
- PACKAGING XS-PC12 "A" - short filled quart can XS-PC12 "B" - short filled 1?2 pint can .
- MIXING RATIO 3 parts “A” to 1 part “B”. COVERAGE Approximately 100 sq.
This is another great product by Surecrete that you can use on our concrete countertop. It’s also a premium product that is very high quality and gives you amazing service that leaves you no chance of complaint.
The Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12. High Gloss, Countertop Clear Food Safe Sealer is a great option for you if you like to have a shine on the finish. It offers you a high gloss finish, which can elevate the look of your concrete countertop and make it more classy and exotic.
Another great thing about it is that it’s totally food safe. So, you can freely keep your food items on top and be safe.
It increases the durability and lifetime of your countertop as it prevents all kinds of scratches and stains from forming. That way, it maintains its new form for a longer period.
So, if you are looking for a great sealer for your concrete countertop, this one is going to be a no brainer option for you to invest in.
- Very premium sealer
- Food safe
- Gives a nice shine
- Best value of your money
- Not for exterior use
5. Tuff Duck Concrete Sealer 750ml (24 oz) Counter-top
- Satin Finish Sealer covers 45-60 square ft per 750ml bottle
- Water-based formula is FOOD SAFE & NON-TOXIC and has no VOC’s
- Specifically designed for Concrete Surfaces such as Countertops & Sinks
- Detailed application instructions supplied with every purchase
- Tuff Duck penetrates deep into the concrete while leaving a durable shell on the surface
Rocklinite lab has some of the best sealers that you can get in the whole marketplace. And the best thing about their sealers is that it is pretty affordable, yet, it maintains high quality.
The Tuff Duck Concrete Countertop Sealer 750ml (24 oz) Counter-top is a very solid option if you are looking for a great sealer. You will get detailed instructions on how to use it at its best.
It’s very safe to use as well as it has food safe and non-toxic features. However, the most critical part of the sealer is how much durability it offers. In that case, the Tuff Duck Concrete Countertop Sealer 750ml (24 oz) Counter-top creates a shell, which helps to prevent the scratches and stain.
You can see that it’s undoubtedly one of the best sealers that you can get for yourself in that price range. So, if you are looking for a sealer for your concrete countertop that falls in a mid-price range, go for it by all means.
- Very easy to use
- Food safe and non-toxic
- Gives a good coverage
- Creates a durable shell for increasing longevity
- Best value of your money
- Doesn’t have the best water resistance
Things To Consider Before Buying Concrete Countertop Sealer
Now you have a top 5 list of sealers that you can get for your concrete countertop. But if you don’t know what to look for in the sealer before you buy, you can’t pick the right one for you. To help you get clear on it, let’s cover all you need to know in an in-depth buyer’s guide down below.
The size is one of the first things that you need to focus on as you go to buy a sealer. Just keep in mind how big of a surface that you are going to use the sealer on beforehand. That way, you won’t have to waste your money on an oversized product that you are not going to need.
Just remember that sealing a concrete countertop is so different than sealing an outdoor walkway. Just try to get the right-sized coat that you will use as a whole. Ann also makes sure to get enough to do your job so that you don’t run short on the product in the process.
When you go out to buy a sealer, you’ll see that most sealers have expected wear times that you must consider giving a close look. That lets you know how long the sealer is going to protect your surface from stains, scratches, wear, or tear.
If you don’t mind reapplying coat over and over, then you don’t have to look at the expected wear. But if that sounds annoying, you must take a close look at it. Just get a higher number to get a hasslefree seal that you won’t have to reapply constantly.
Another thing you should consider while going to buy a seal for your concrete countertop is the coverage area of your seal.
You can probably guess that it also depends highly on the length of the surface. But you must consider buying a sealer that can cover the whole surface area for you. That is a vital thing that you must consider before buying your product.
That way, you won’t have to get a new one for completing the seal. Just measure it out beforehand and look at the coverage area of the seal. That’s going to give you a clear idea of what you are going to be working with.
Food Area Safety
This one is a very critical thing that you need to take a look at before you buy any seal for your countertop. That’s important if you are planning to put food items on the sealed area. In that case, you must use a sealer that has a food area safe feature.
Most of these sealers will have a logo in their body. Just be in search of this logo and choose the sealer accordingly. If there are children in your house, you must consider getting a seal that has food area safety to avoid any unwanted accidents.
Most of the sealers are only designed for interior usage only. But if you need the sealer to work outdoors as well, you need to get a sealer that is safe for use in the exteriors.
There is a clear logo that indicates if the sealer is safe for outdoor usage or not. You should keep an eye out to get the right type of sealer that you can use on exterior projects as well. You really don’t want to use every sealer on the exterior as it can lose its effect due to the sunlight or rain.
The odor is another thing that you need to be aware of when you go to buy a sealer. Most of the sealer you’ll find will have odor on it. Some of the sealers will have a low odor feature, which you can easily see as there’s a logo in its body.
Just look for an icon that says low odor on it, and it’s going to be a far better option than the general coats. And if you have breathing issues, the odor can be a critical issue for you. So, make sure that you check it before you choose to spend your money on the sealer.
Question 1: How often do I have to reapply the seal on my concrete countertop?
Answer: You can reapply the seal every one to three years for perfect maintenance. That’s going to keep everything fresh and up to date. If you choose to delay more than 3 years, the coat will start to lose its effect. And that can mean some minor damage, which you want to avoid at any cost.
Question 2: How many coats do I need to apply to the concrete countertop?
Answer: You can apply only two coats of sealer on your concrete countertop and get the best results. However, make sure to wait in between each coat and to let it dry properly before applying a new coat on top. That way, you can get the best results with the sealer on your countertop.
Question 3: Is polyurethane a good option for my concrete countertop?
Answer: Polyurethane is a very solid option for a concrete countertop that you can get. It’s a thick layer of sealer that gives it protection against scratches or stains. Also, if you get water based coats, it’s going to be very easy to apply and clean off as well. Another great thing about a water based polyurethane is that it has minimal odor, which is a very vital feature for most of the people.
Question 4: How long do I have to wait to seal my countertop after installation?
Answer: You must wait for at least 4 to 5 days before you start to apply seal on a concrete countertop. But that can be different for each case. However, it’s ideal to wait for 10 to 14 days to get the best results. Also, a great approach to take would be to see how much the concrete has been cured.
Now you have the top 5 best concrete countertop sealer list, and you know how to pick the right one for you as well.
Make sure to use the information to get the perfect seal for the concrete countertop and get a coat on there. It’s going to help it maintain the new condition and increase the overall longevity as well.