DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK.
Overgrown grass and weed are the #1 thing that ruins the look of your yard. And there is no better and faster way to get rid of those than using the best electric string trimmer.
An electric string trimmer is way easier and quieter than the gas models. They have a lot less vibration and that makes them much more comfortable in the hands.
But there are so many electric string trimmers available out there that can get you overwhelmed. To help you pick the best one, let’s go over the top best 5 electric trimmers that you can get for yourself.
Best Electric String Trimmer
Let’s review the top 5 electric string trimmers that you can get on the market.
1. BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer with Auto Feed
- 6.5A, 14 inches electric string trimmer
- This product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
- Included components: (1) BESTA510 String Trimmer, (1) AF 100 Spool, (1) Auxiliary Handle, (1) Guard
- Rpm: 8000 rpm
If you want to get an amazing string trimmer in the mid-price range, the BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer with Auto Feed is one of the best options for you. It has a premium quality and provides you with amazing services.
The best thing about this string trimmer is that it’s super easy to assemble and use. You won’t have any issues using this trimmer. Also, it has a good stretch to it, which allows you to get more flexibility in the field.
It is pretty lightweight, and that allows you to carry it around with you anywhere with ease. But the great thing about this string trimmer is that it has amazing power, which lets you cut the grass and the weeds without any interruption.
Another amazing feature of this string timer is, it doesn’t produce excessive noise. That can be a very annoying thing that you see on most other string trimmers, especially those which are gas-powered.
You truly can’t find any other string trimmers that can offer you that many features in its price range. So, if you are searching for a great electric string trimmer for yourself, try going for the BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer with Auto Feed. You are going to be satisfied with its quality and services.
- Gives you a very effective cleaning of the field
- Very lightweight to carry around with you
- Extremely easy to assemble and use
- Not the best option for battery life
2. Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Electric Corded String Trimmer 21212
- Telescoping handle
- Lightweight construction
- Includes a 3 year warranty
If you are looking for an amazing string trimmer that’s not going to break the bank, you can get the Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Electric Corded String Trimmer 21212. It has a lot of premium features which is quite impressive for its price.
The best thing about this electric string trimmer is that it only weighs 7 lbs. That makes it very easy to carry around with you anywhere. It also makes it way easier to use on the field, and thus, you’ll get a nice clean field without a sweat.
Another great feature of this trimmer is its convenient cord lock system. That allows you to use it without any hassle and trouble.
But what’s the best thing about it is that telescoping shaft. That lets you use the electric string trimmer despite your height. You can just adjust the shaft according to your comfort and it’s going to fit you perfectly.
That’s also perfect as it uses high-quality materials in the construction. That’s not something you’ll find in any other electric string trimmer in this price range.
So, if you’d like to buy a good quality electric string trimmer without breaking the bank, the Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Electric Corded String Trimmer 21212 is a perfect option for you. You are going to get the most out of your money investing in this string trimmer.
- Pretty lightweight to carry around
- Easy to hold and use
- Best value of your money
- Doesn’t give you the most durable charge backup
3. WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12″ Cordless String Trimmer & Edger
- [TRIMMER & EDGER 2-in-1] Easily converts from a string trimmer to a wheel edger in just seconds
- [INSTANT LINE FEED] Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding.
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [BATTERIES INCLUDED] 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool and can be used on any other tool in the WORX PowerShare family
- [HEAD TILTS 90°] So you can trim and edge on sloped terrain, and get to tough-to-reach places
If you want to get a premium electric string trimmer for yourself, the WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12″ Cordless String Trimmer & Edger is undoubtedly the best option for you. It can be a bit pricey for most people, but the highest quality makes it super worth it.
It has a 90-degree pivoting head which allows you to get more effectivity out of the trimmer. You can get done the cleaning process of your field pretty fast thanks to the coverage of this string trimmer.
Also, it uses a powerful engine that makes it even more effective in cutting the grass and the weed. The automatic and command feed lets you get the most control of your motion, which is also very amazing by itself.
Another amazing thing about this string trimmer is that it features a telescoping shaft. That lets you get the comfort of use despite your height. That way you can get the most effective clean without having to bend your body, which can be very tiring if you do it for long.
So, you can see that this electric string trimmer has a lot of premium features that make it one of the best string trimmers that you can get for cutting the weeds and grass. So, if you don’t like to compromise the quality for the money, you should go for it by all means.
- Uses premium materials in the construction
- Gives you the best quality and service
- The best value of your money
- Not the most affordable option for everybody
4. Greenworks 12-Inch 24V Cordless String Trimmer/Edger
- Pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel
- Electric start eliminates gas hassle, less maintenance and zero fumes; Handle type: Wrap around
- 12 inch cut path with .065 single line auto feed for easy line advance
- Shaft length (inch): 40 inch compatible GreenWorks replacement spool, model 29252 and 29092
- Battery and charger included; Compatible battery models 29842 and 29852 and charger 29862; Drive shaft type: Telescoping
Greenworks has some of the best products available in the market that you can use to clean off your yard. The 12-Inch 24V Cordless String Trimmer/Edger is one of their best selling trimmer that you can get in the mid-price range.
This trimmer is one of the most hassle-free and effective string trimmers available out there. It features a 3-way pivoting head, which gives you very much flexibility in your cleaning.
Another great thing about this trimmer is that it has a great battery life, which is a big issue with most other string trimmers in the market. You can use it for hours without having to worry about recharging it.
It features a 12-inch width cutting path that can provide you maximum efficiency in cutting the larger field without spending a lot of time. That can be a relief for you if you want to get done with the clearing out process quickly.
It provides smooth operation, and it’s super quiet as well. That allows you to clean off your yard without troubling your neighbors.
So, if you want to get the best string trimmer for yourself that gives back the most value of your money, this one is a solid option for you.
- Provides a noise-free cleaning experience
- Wide range of cutting area
- Gives a smooth operation
- Great battery life
- Best value of your money
- A bit overweight
5. WORX WG119 15 Electric String Trimmer
- [2-IN-1] Rotating shaft turns this trimmer into an edger and back again in seconds—there’s no reason to buy separate trimmers and edgers
- [AUTO LINE FEED] The dual-line feed system gives you fresh trimmer string when you need it, always at the perfect length
- [90° PIVOTING HEAD] Change the angle to better accommodate sloped and inclined areas of the lawn, and get into hard to reach places
- [ADJUSTS TO TALL & SHORT USERS] The telescopic shaft makes this a grass trimmer that everyone can use
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s designed to last
The last trimmer we are going to look at is the WORX WG119 15 Electric String Trimmer. It’s a perfect fit for you if you want to get a premium quality product at an affordable price range.
It’s very easy to use, and you won’t have any trouble using it in the fields. It’s pretty lightweight as well, which gives you the advantage of taking it anywhere with you with ease.
Also, it has a good grip, so that you feel more comfortable cleaning with the trimmer. The best thing about the WORX WG119 15 Electric String Trimmer is that it’s very easy to assemble.
The 90 degrees pivoting head lets you be more flexible with the trimmer, which is great in the field. It also gives you a noise-free cleaning experience.
The best thing about this string trimmer is its rotating shaft. For that, you’ll be able to get the most comfort out of it using the shaft.
So, if you are looking for a great electric string trimmer in an affordable price range, the WORX WG119 15 Electric String Trimmer is a solid option for you.
- Very easy to assemble and use
- Gives effective cleaning
- Very lightweight to carry around with you
- Provides a noise-free cleaning
- Best value of your money
- Doesn’t provide you a great stretch
Buying Guide For Electric String Trimmer
Now you have a list of the 5 best electric string trimmers that you can get for yourself. However, it’s not enough to have a list of the best products if you don’t know what to consider before you choose to spend your money on one. That way you won’t be able to pick the perfect fit for yourself.
To help you with that, let’s go over everything you need to know and consider before you choose to pay money and buy an eclectic string trimmer for yourself.
The first thing you need to consider before you choose to spend your money on a string trimmer is the engine type. That’s going to determine how effective the whole trimmer is going to be for you in the first place.
Gas-powered models of string trimmers are very powerful in that case. But they are big in size, produces a lot of excessive noise, and they are quite pricey as well.
Eclectic string trimmers, on the other hand, have less power if you compare them with the gas-powered ones. But they deliver very quite service and they are pretty lightweight and small. Also, you can get them easily as they are pretty affordable as well.
The Cutting Width
If you want to get the most out of the trimmer, you must choose the cutting width of it wisely.
The ideal width you can go for is somewhere around 12 to 14 inches, which is an average estimation. If you have to cover a lot of surface area, you can go for a bit more width. Too small width can make the cleaning process super long for you, which you don’t want.
But you need to remember that as you increase the width, you’ll need to pay more for it as well. So, only increase it if you truly need it in the first place. That’ll make sure that you get the most value out of your money from it.
Weight and Size
The weight and size is a very important thing that you need to consider while choosing a string trimmer for yourself. It’s going to determine how much control you are going to get over the whole thing.
The electric string trimmers are typically much lighter and smaller than the gas-powered ones. Yet, there are some especially designed to be sleeker and lightweight.
When you choose the weight and size, the most critical thing is your height. That plays a huge role in determining what weight and size are going to be the best for you.
So, be extra careful about choosing the size when you go out to buy an electric string trimmer.
Those are the key things that you need to consider before buying a string trimmer for you. Once you are fine with those, look for some extra features as well. They will help you so much in the process in the future.
Question 1: Should I get a curved or straight shaft for myself?
Answer: That depends on your height to be completely honest. Depending on your height a straight shaft can be beneficial or trouble for you. Longer people can get more done with a straight shaft as they don’t have to bend to cut the weed with the trimmer. On the other hand, the straight shaft is typically too long for shorter people.
So, if you don’t have a good height, you should consider the curved shaft for yourself. But if you have a pretty decent height, you can go for a straight shaft by all means.
Question 2: How much cutting width should I get for my electric string trimmer?
Answer: 12 to 14 inches is an ideal number that you should go for. You can go for more or less weight but it’s going to have an effect on your experience with your electric string trimmer.
The first thing that you are going to face is as you go for a wider range, the price is going to increase. So, you should identify how much width you need before going for extra width. If you have to work with a lot of areas, you’ll need a bit more width, which will help you a lot in the process.
Question 3: Do I have to buy a powered base trimmer for myself?
Answer: It’s a great idea to go for a powered base trimmer if you can afford it, but it’s not the absolute essential to get one. Some have this feature included in them. But in most cases, you’ll need to purchase the extras separately, which takes a bit more money. So, if you’d like to have a powered base trimmer and you have the money for it, you can go for it by all means.
Now you have a list of the top 5 best electric string trimmer that you can get for yourself. Also, you can pick the perfect one as well thanks to the detailed buyer’s guide.
Remember to get a quality one that you can afford as it’s going to be a better decision for the long term. Compromising the quality to save money is not the best option when you are going for an electric string trimmer.