If you are highly concerned with how your house looks, you probably also give equal importance to the walkways and patios as you give to the interior.
It takes a considerable amount of money to make paver walkways.
As the pavers are always exposed under direct sunlight and take human and vehicle traffic, you need the best paver sealer natural look to preserve the beauty of the walkways and increase its resiliency.
Therefore, to make no compromise with the pavers, whether it’s precipitation, wind, and other issues, be sure to check these top 5 paver sealers.
5 Best Paver Sealer Natural Look Reviews
There are various sealers that can give your pavers high or low gloss, matte, and natural texture finishes. You will find the right one below no matter what’s your choice.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Paver Sealer Natural Look we found for you on the market today.
#1. Eagle Sealer EM5 Clear Natural Seal, 5 Gal Pail
- Penetrating Silane & Siloxane Formula
- Dry Look: concrete is sealed but doesn't look sealed
- Freeze-Thaw Resistant
- Water repellant
- Non-yellowing UV resistant
- Silane and Siloxane based formula
- Freeze-thaw resistant
- UV resistant
- Water repellant formula
Eagle Sealer EM5 Clear Natural Seal
- Works great on concrete and stones
- Protective sealer against water damage
- Looks dry during wet conditions
- Large pail for covering more areas
- Lasts for several years
- Takes 2 days to air-dry
- Doesn’t hold good up against stain
This natural sealer from Eagle Sealer is primarily formulated for sealing concrete surfaces while providing a crystal clear finish.
Although the concrete surface will look wet just after applying this formula, there will be no wet effect on the surface once it completely dries.
Due to its water-repellent properties, the concrete looks dry, even if it’s wet.
So, no matter how hard it rains outside, there will be no water damage to your precious pavers at all.
The formula is freeze-thaw resistant, which means water cannot make its way into the cracks of concrete and break it apart.
Your pavers will be protected, having this sealant on the surfaces.
Once you apply this sealer, you can rest assured up to 5 years.
A number of paver sealants tend to turn yellow due to sunlight, which ruins the natural color of walkways.
When you have this one, it will make sure the pavers don’t turn yellow due to UV effects. The formula is UV-resistant to handle such color damages as well.
If you have long driveways or walkways to cover, this 5-gallon pail will be enough to seal the entire pavers efficiently.
If you have large concrete or pavers made of stones, this can be a great sealant to protect the surfaces.
The deal is much cost-efficient as it comes in a 5-gallon pail.
If stain is something that the surfaces don’t have to deal with, you can give it a second thought.
#2. Dupont Paver Armor Pro Natural Look Premium Waterproofing Sealer
- Silane-Siloxane based paver sealant
- Protects the surface from stains and weather damage
- Locks joint sand
- Provides natural-looking coat
- Freeze-thaw resistant formula
- Doesn’t turn yellow after drying
Dupont Paver Armor Pro Natural Look Premium Waterproofing Sealer
- Great protection for pavers on walkways and driveways
- Waterproof solution
- Leaves no slippery effect after drying
- Easy to apply
- Dries slowly
If you want to keep the natural look of your walkways, patios, and driveways, and apply a sealant to protect the pavers, this can be an ideal waterproof sealer to go with.
The formula of this sealer provides a scuff-resistant and durable layer on the surfaces that can easily last you more than 3 years.
Where many paver sealers turn yellow after drying, this one is an exception in this case.
It dries crystal clear while leaving no yellowish effects on the surfaces where you apply it.
The surface will not feel slippery once it dries. But, be careful when the surface is still wet.
Your walkways will not lose its beauty due to stain when you have this sealer.
Even though it’s water-based, it manages to provide protection against stain effectively.
Also, the sealant easily withstands weather issues without struggling.
Furthermore, this waterproof sealer nicely locks joint sand on the pavers.
With 1-gallon of this sealer, you can cover up to 300 square feet efficiently.
Applying the sealant is fairly easy.
Apart from pavers, you can apply it on various stone surfaces such as sandstone, slate, and flagstone.
This waterproof paver sealer will protect and lock the sand joints without changing the natural color of the surfaces where you apply it.
If you previously used a sealant, and it turned yellow after drying, this time, it will not happen to your driveways or walkways any more.
#3. Dominator 5 Gallon LG+ Wet Look, Low Gloss Paver Sealer
- Restore the life and beauty of your surface with the ultimate color enhancement (wet look) with a low gloss finish for up to 5 years before the need to reseal.
- Protects against oil stains, mold, mildew and other spills while providing the ultimate UV protection on surfaces including concrete pavers, brick pavers, and decorative concrete. Not intended for stone or clay.
- Twice the coverage rate of your average sealer: 250-400 square feet per gallon, per coat.
- Breathe easy with our solvent free formula and no foul odors.
- Easy spray on application using our application guide and application videos.
- Water-based sealer
- Protection against stains, spillage, and UV
- Solvent-free, zero chemical odor
- Lasts up to 5 years
- Covers up to 400 square feet per gallon
5 Gallon DOMINATOR LG+ Wet Look
- Effectively repels stains and spillage
- Provides low glossy effect on the surface
- Color doesn’t fade away due to sun exposure
- Efficient coverage
- Contains no odor
Restoring the beauty of brick and concrete pavers wasn’t so easy and convenient.
This sealer from Dominator can enhance the color of your walkways, driveways, and other decorative surfaces, and provide a low gloss finish on them.
If your pavers need a slight color enhancement instead of natural color, you can count on this one.
As far as the protection is concerned, this sealant is going to protect your pavers from oil stains, mold-mildew, and other spillages.
The formula doesn’t allow stain or water to penetrate into the pavers, and it effectively repels them; thus, your pavers don’t crack prematurely.
In addition to that, the color will not change due to sunlight, as this sealant is UV-resistant.
Keep in mind that the sealer cannot do much on stone or clay pavers.
The formula is solvent-free, so there will be zero to minimum chemical odor after you apply it on the pathways.
You can efficiently apply per gallon of this sealant up to 400 square feet area.
If there is a need for applying another coat, it only requires you to wait for 45 minutes, which is far less than its competitors.
Even though it makes the surface a bit glossy, there will be no slippery issue whatsoever.
Even though the product is a bit pricey, the results it provides are worth spending on such a sealant.
If you want to give a bit color enhancement to old pathways, driveways, and other surfaces, go for it.
There are hardly any other solvent-free solutions that offer protection from elements like this one.
#4. Foundation Armor 5-Gal. SX5000
- Solvent based, breathable, low VOC, high solids Silane Siloxane sealer that can be used on unsealed interior and exterior, vertical and horizontal concrete, brick, pavers, flagstone, and slate.
- Approved by the Department of Transportation in several states as a penetrating concrete sealer for use on roadways and bridgedecks to reduce damage and deterioration caused by water absorption.
- Will maintain the natural, unsealed look and feel of the substrate. Won't leave behind a slippery surface film, won't change the look or color.
- Easy to apply with a pump sprayer! Two back-to-back coats will yield up to 7-10 years of protection!
- Contains up to 10X more active ingredients than competing products. Manufactured in the USA! No recycled or imported resins in our formulas!
- Silane-Siloxane based sealer
- Repels water, mold, mildew, fungus, stains
- Resistant to freeze-thaw and de-icing salt
- Protects the natural concrete color
- Approved from the Department of Transportation
5-Gal. SX5000 Penetrating Clear Solvent-Based Silane-Siloxane Concrete & Masonry Sealer
- Great protection against elements
- Prevents cracking due to water absorption
- Keeps the natural-looking appearance of the surface
- Long-lasting sealer
- For both interior and exterior use
- Contains strong odor
- A bit pricey
No matter how expensive materials you used on the pavers, water can still penetrate into the materials and cause damage within a few years.
To prevent such costly repairing or replacement, this paver sealer formula offers you great protection on the surfaces, while keeping the natural appearance of concretes.
The protective properties of this formula are quite impressive.
It will ensure that 95% of the water is repelled from the surface to reduce the damage.
Also, the surface will be protected from elements such as mold and mildew, UV rays to make sure the natural color doesn’t fade away too soon.
As the formula can resist freeze-thaw, water cannot penetrate into the surface and make cracks.
In addition to that, if you need to use de-icing salts to the surfaces to melt the snow, this sealant can assure you of no internal or external damage on the surface at all.
Once you apply the sealer, it will last 7 to 10 years and ensure that the look of the concrete doesn’t change no matter what.
The product is approved and used by the DOT in several states, which further assures you of its reliability.
Applying a sealer is quite easy and convenient.
It requires 24 hours to dry before you attempt another coat.
Let it dry for 24 hours before you step onto the surface.
If you want the utmost protection against water without ruining the natural aesthetics of the concrete, then it’s definitely worth buying.
#5. Foundation Armor WL550 1 GAL Matte Wet Look Sealer
- Will darken the surface of unsealed concrete, brick, pavers, stone, slate, and porous masonry to make it look wet
- Will NOT leave behind a surface film, works entirely below the surface
- Water repellent characteristics help to reduce deterioration caused by water absorption and freeze-thaw cycles
- Will last for up to 3-5 years before the need to reseal
- Breathable, low VOC, single coat application.
- Solvent-based silicone sealer
- Darkens the applied surfaces
- Provides a true matte look
- Repels 95% water, also protects from stain and molding
- Breathable and contains low VOC
Armor WL550 1 GAL Matte Wet Look Sealer
- Effectively repels water
- Darkens the surfaces with a matte look
- No glossiness
- Lasts for 3 to 5 years
- Very efficient at applying
- Unpleasant chemical odor
Older concrete already takes a lot of damage and has color fading issues, so for such cases, you will need more than a sealant.
This sealer from Foundation Armor provides the surfaces a matte wet look that restores the faded colors to some extent.
Also, the protective properties are something that you can rely on as well.
Whether you apply the formula on the concrete, pavers, stone, brick, or other materials, the surface will look a bit wet no matter how dry the weather is.
The sealer also tends to darken the surface to hide color fading damages to bring the life back from your pathways and driveways.
The sealant works below the surface and provides it a true matte appearance.
There will be no visible surface film or gloss effect whatsoever.
You can rest assured about the water damage issues once the sealant is applied.
It effectively reduces water absorption and repels it to protect the surface from damages.
Furthermore, its freeze-thaw resistance will make sure the water doesn’t get into the surface and cause cracks.
In most cases, one coat will suffice the need, which makes it very efficient at covering large pavers.
Once you apply this on the surfaces, you no longer need to bother recoating them at least for the next 3 to 5 years.
This is one of the best sealers on the list to handle color fading issues of surfaces.
You will like how well it darkens the pathways, walkways, driveways, and other pavers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. What is the best paver sealer to use?
Answer: Water-based silane-siloxane paver sealers are regarded as the best of their kinds due to keeping the natural true surface color while providing a waterproof barrier to repel water effectively. This is the most long-lasting one.
However, if you are looking for a sealer that provides low-high gloss or wet look, an acrylic-based sealer would be an ideal one to spend the money on.
Question #2. Is sealing pavers a good idea?
Answer: As pavers are porous due to natural factors, they take damages pretty soon. Also, you need a considerable amount of money to decorate the pathways, driveways, walkways, and other surfaces with pavers; therefore, you must protect the beauty and increase longevity by sealing the pavers with a good quality sealant.
Question #3. How long does the paver sealer last?
Answer: Paver sealer typically requires recoating every 3 to 5 years, depending on the sealant formula, type, surfaces, and weather issue. However, there is some long-lasting sealer that can last up to 10 years withstanding major damages.
Question #4. How do you make pavers shiny?
Answer: If you are to enhance the colors of the pavers, consider applying an acrylic-based paver sealer that contains solvent. You can choose the option between low gloss, high gloss, and wet look to give onto the surfaces.
In the review section, I have reviewed a couple of sealers that provide a great looking shiny effect on the pavers and also work as a great water repellent formula.
Question #5. Does sealing pavers make them slippery?
Answer: It depends on the type of sealer you apply on the pavers. The water-based silane-siloxane sealer provides a crystal clear effect that doesn’t make the surfaces slippery at all.
On the other hand, as acrylic-based sealers contain solvent, these tend to make pavers a bit slippery that has to do with maintaining a wet and glossy look.
Pavers are expensive decorative construction, which is prone to weather damages. Applying the best paver sealer natural look makes sure it withstands weather issues as well as boasts water repellency.
#1. Concrete Paver Sealers Guide.