While choosing the best paver sealers for a wet look, the first and foremost task for you is to choose the best option based on your paving type. Not only paving type but also you need to decide whether you should go for a solvent-based paver sealer or a water-based paver sealer.
Some sealants offer high glow, some offer low glow, and some don’t offer any glow whatsoever. These are not all. You have several more things to consider before buying a best-wet look paver sealer.
To let you know all these and make your life easy, I’ve come up with this best water-based paver sealer reviews guide where I mentioned all the good and bad sides of 5 top-class paver sealers. Both solvent-based and water-based. You might also want to read up on how to prepare your paving for the sealing process. So, without any further ado, let’s dig a little deeper.
Best Wet Look Paver Sealers For Concrete & Stone
Here’s the recommended list of Best Paver Sealers for a Wet Look we found for you on the market today.?
1. Armor AR350 Solvent Based Wet Paver Sealer Review
- The Armor AR350 is a breathable, non-yellowing solvent based acrylic that will darken concrete and pavers to make them look wet, and provide a...
If you are looking for the best paver sealer on the market for a wet look for your stamped concrete patio or whatever paver driveway you own, AR350 wet paver sealer is up for that task. Not only the patio or driveway. You can use this sealer for your garage floor or warehouse floor coating, pool deck sealing, etc.
You don’t have to be a professional to prepare and apply this sealer. That means Armor AR350 paver sealer can be a good choice for DIY enthusiasts.
While I believe the price could have been a tad better, at the same time I also understand it is always what you get is what you pay for. It’s worth buying this sealer instead of going for the junk ones. If you are going to use this near the pool, I recommend you to an anti-slip additive. And if you are applying on brick better go for spraying rather than rolling.
So, if quality, ease of use, and longevity are some of the core concerns for you while buying a paver sealer for a wet look, AR350 from Foundation Armor is the best bet for you.[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”no” wpc_style=”wppc-view1″ title_tag=”H3″ title=”Armor Wet Look Paver Sealer” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” button_text=”Get it now” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9FEI4C?tag=healthyhandymen00-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1″ button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”dofollow” verdict_text=””][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Non-yellowing solvent-based acrylic that gives durable low gloss.
- Easy to apply with a roller or a sprayer.
- Dries quickly.
- Works on old pavers.
- A perfect sealer to withstand all weather conditions.
- It comes with clear instructions on preparation and application.
- A long-lasting sealant. It can hold up for about 2-3 years on exterior surfaces and even more on an interior surface before you need to recoat.
- Manufactured in the US.
- Breathable and UV resistant.
- Smells a bit strong.
- A bit pricey compared to other sealers.
We also offer advice on the 5 best paver sealers for a natural look here.
2. DOMINATOR SG+ High Gloss Best Water Based Paver Sealer Review
- COLD WEATHER WARNING: Do not apply if surface temperature is expected to be below 50° for 48 hours before & after application. ENHANCE the life...
This one is the high gloss version from DOMINATOR SG+. The good thing is this same brand manufactures low glow and no glow versions too maintaining the same high quality. Don’t forget to read the instruction manual before you apply any paver sealer including DOMINATOR SG+.
I found this paver sealer is well capable of preventing water penetration with its water repellent feature. You will see water beading up instead of penetrating the surface that eventually keeps the surface free from mold or mildews.
Unlike solvent-based sealers, you will get a lot faster time between coats. Consequently, you can finish the whole project within 24 hours or so. The company is claiming 5 years of longevity. But it’s too early for me to give my verdict on this.[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”no” wpc_style=”wppc-view1″ title_tag=”H3″ title=”DOMINATOR SG+ High Gloss Paver Sealer” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” button_text=”Get it now” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MNWM1S?tag=healthyhandymen00-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1″ button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”dofollow” verdict_text=””][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Breathable and offers high gloss.
- It protects your surface from oil stain, mildew, mold, etc.
- DOMINATOR SG+ is particularly made for sand / joint stabilization.
- This one is a water-based sealer. So it’s more environmentally-friendly than the solvent-based paver sealers.
- No bad odors or strong odors as this is not a solvent-based sealer.
- It comes with a comprehensive guideline filled with proper instructions.
- Easy to apply with sprayer or roller.
- Restores the faded color.
- Non-yellowing water-based sealants with UV protection.
- It offers bigger coverage than its competitors.
- It offers a fast time between coats, unlike its solvent-based counterparts.
- A little pricey. But it’s worth the money.
- It’s slippery when wet. But if you add any anti-slip additive then this is not an issue at all.
3. Armor SX5000 Solvent Based Water Repellent Salt Guard Paver Sealer Review
- Ships same day, fast and free.
Armor SX5000 is a water repellent sealer, so you can expect water beading up after a rain or when you pour water on your flagstone patio or other paver driveways. In fact, you can apply this sealer on several other materials and places like brick, concrete, garage floors, pool deck, brick homes, warehouse floors, and so on.
The company says it lasts up to 10 years before you need to recoat. Being said that, I can’t guarantee the exact amount of time it will last. But as per the other real users who applied it SX5000 a long time ago, you can expect it to hold up for at least 4-5 years.
The price is not that high considering the quality it offers. But yes, you will get inexpensive solutions than this. Don’t expect the same performance and longevity from the cheap ones though.
Some key things to remember if you buy this paver sealer. As I said, this sealer produces powerful fumes. That’s why don’t bother to wear a proper mask and gloves, make sure you are ventilated. Don’t use a cheap plastic sprayer as this sealer will eat it.[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”no” wpc_style=”wppc-view1″ title_tag=”H3″ title=”Armor DOT Approved Concrete Sealer” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” button_text=”Get it now” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCC5OZY?tag=healthyhandymen00-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1″ button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”dofollow” verdict_text=””][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Breathable and works entirely below the surface.
- Easy to prepare and apply. You just have to pour it into the rolling pan or sprayer and you are good to go.
- Starts working right after you apply the sealer and dries quickly too.
- It comes with clear instructions to help you apply the sealer properly.
- The US-made sealant. That’s something I always look for to get the best quality.
- Works without changing your paver color.
- As per the other real users, it lasts substantially long.
- DIY enthusiasts friendly.
- Sometimes damage the rubber-hose if you don’t keep the contact time with the sealer to a minimum.
- Smells strong like other sealers from Foundation Armor on my list. However, wearing a mask will help you to make your life easy while applying this sealer.
4. Armor AR500 High Gloss Solvent Based Paver Sealer Review
- Penetrating high solids, breathable solvent based acrylic coating with unmatched bonding characteristics.
A perfect high gloss solvent-based sealer to bring out the color from faded stamped concrete, brick, masonry, or paver. Well, it not only brings out the faded color but also reduces decaying and dusting caused by surface abrasion.
Like other Foundation Armor sealers, this one is also a tad pricey. But again the same verdict. It’s worth buying considering the quality, application, and longevity.
You can use this sealer on either an unsealed surface or any surface that was sealed before. It works on old surfaces without any issue whatsoever. If you want you can add an anti-slip additive for extra protection. Nevertheless, It’s optional.[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”no” wpc_style=”wppc-view1″ title_tag=”H3″ title=”Armor High Gloss Paver Sealer” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” button_text=”Get it now” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141INIZ0?tag=healthyhandymen00-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1″ button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”dofollow” verdict_text=””][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Non-yellowing, and offers high gloss.
- Well capable of bringing the color in the dull or faded surface I must say.
- Breathable and UV-resistant solvent-based with improved bonding characteristics.
- AR500 can withstand all weather conditions.
- You can expect it to last at least 2-3 years before you need to recoat after two consecutive coatings.
- It offers low VOC (volatile organic compounds). Meaning it’s not harmful to the environment and humans.
- Easy to prep and apply with a sprayer or roller like other Foundation Armor paver sealers. You don’t have to be a professional to do all these.
- Starts working right after you apply it and dries fast too.
- Capable of hiding any residual stains and imperfections.
- Smells strong. Nonetheless, the hard odor goes away after 3-4 days.
5. Armor WL550 Matte Wet Look Solvent Based Paver Sealer Review
- Water repellent characteristics help to reduce damage caused by water absorption and freeze-thaw cycles
If you don’t want any glossy look after you seal the surface, then this one is the best bet for you. You can apply this sealer to get back the faded surface color enhanced with a matt look finish.
Besides bringing back your surface color it plays a vital role in protecting the surface in many ways. Like it reduces decaying, cracking, pitting, staining, spalling that are caused by water soaking. It prevents the formation of mold and mildew as well as efflorescence.
As you can it has a versatile use. I don’t have any complaints about the price considering the service it offers. Though this one is a single coat application sealer and many users didn’t go for the second coat, but if you go for the second coat then it won’t harm anything.
How long it will hold up? – Well, not sure. But I’m seeing people who are using this sealer for long, telling it holds up for long. Let’s believe them as it’s too early for me to comment on this.
As the odor is very strong, better apply it on a breezy day, and wear a mask while applying the sealer.[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”no” wpc_style=”wppc-view1″ title_tag=”H3″ title=”Armor Matte Wet Look Enhancer Sealer” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” button_text=”Get it now” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761V3L7T?tag=healthyhandymen00-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1″ button_link_target=”_BLANK” button_rel_attr=”dofollow” verdict_text=””][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Single coat application.
- Low VOC (volatile organic compounds). Meaning it’s not harmful to the environment or humans.
- Dries quickly.
- Like other Foundation Armor paver sealers, this one also comes with a clear instruction guide.
- Easy to prep and apply using a sprayer or roller.
- Well capable of holding up even in extreme winter conditions.
- Non-yellowing and UV resistant.
- Works well on the old surface too.
- Novice friendly.
- It might take more product than you would?ve expected for good coverage.
- A little pricey but worth it without any doubt.
Wet Look Paver Sealers Buying Guide
Know Your Paving Type
Knowing your paving type is sometimes crucial. Yes, almost all the paver sealer works on a number of materials like concrete, brick, or other types of stones. Still, you should buy the perfect sealants that match the most with your paving type.
Let me give you an example.
Poured concrete is one of the most commonly used materials for garages or workshops. You know these areas come in touch with oil too often. That means you must go for sealants that are particularly made to fight against oil stain and water. Otherwise, you won’t get the desired result.
So, first, know which paver sealer is the best bet for you in terms of paving type. Then decide on the other factors.
Color and Gloss
Out of many applications, bringing back the color of the surface is one of the main benefits that you want to get from the sealant, right?
If bringing back the color from the dull or faded surface is your main concern then select the sealer accordingly.
All of the above paver sealers that I reviewed restores the color. However, some offer you high gloss and some offer low gloss and some won’t offer any gloss at all. I mentioned these features clearly against each of the sealers.
Go for the perfect one based on your choice.
Like the color, sand retention is another benefit that you may want to get from the sealer. You certainly don’t want the sand between your pavers washed away due to rain over time. If so, then buy a sealant that is up to the mark for sand retention.
Mildew and Weed Resistance
All the paver sealers offer this feature to some extent. Being said that, some are especially focused to offer this benefit. Particularly the ones that are made for sand retention. Some sealants offer the mildewcides formulation that prevents the mildew from spreading that grown before you seal the surface.
Another must-read: 5 Must-Know Tips When Looking At Buying Your First Chainsaw
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you seal wet look pavers?
A paving sealer can be applied either with a brush or a roller. First, you have to prepare the surface by cleaning it thoroughly and clean all the stains (if any) using a degreaser. Then wash the surface using a pressure washer.
Let the surface dry and do a moisture test to ensure it dried up entirely.
Now, it’s time to apply the sealer. Mix the solvent properly following the recommended ratio. Apply the sealer with a roller and use a brush to reach the tight areas. Finally, let the surface dry again.
How long does the wet sealer last?
It depends. A wet look sealer can last from 3 months to 6 years, depending on some factors.
The longevity mostly depends on the following factors –
* The surface type.
* The sealer type and amount used for sealing.
* The PH level, location, and porosity of the substrate.
* How much the substrate is exposed to sun and snow.
* The amount of subsurface moisture, and the amount of surface abrasion it is opened to.
However, the penetrating wet look sealer is not affected by most of the above factors and can last up to 5-6 years.
Can you use Thompson Water Seal on pavers?
Yes, of course. Thompson water seal is applicable for all masonry surfaces, including paving stones.
Besides paver, you can apply it for brick surfaces, concrete, stone, clay, tile, etc.
It protects the surface from water and UV damage. Thompson water seal takes about 24 hours to dry, and it dries clear. It keeps the natural color of the paver too. This sealer works excellently as a finish sealer.
How often should pavers be sealed?
Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific time frame to suggest to you in this regard. It would help if you sealed a paver as soon as you see it’s being faded or when weeds start to grow between two paver joints.
You could see those changes after two years, or three years, or perhaps five years. As I said, there is no definite timeline. Anytime you see them losing the color, consider sealing them to bring back the beautiful old look.
I believe you are now quite aware of the core buying factors and known to be the 5 best paver sealers for a wet look with their upsides and downsides. All these sealants are well capable of protecting the surface from stains, mold, or mildews and also capable of restoring the color.
From the solvent-based paver sealer Armor, AR350Â is the one I like most, and from the best water-based paver sealer, my choice is DOMINATOR SG+. Please use the comment box below to get in touch if you’ve got any queries.