The only reasons we upgrade our bikes are either improving the performance or achieving a gorgeous look. Getting the 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger has both reasons.
Stock exhausts are also capable of increasing the horsepower of the engine, but it lacks customization features. For example, you can’t install an extended saddlebag that can carry more items and weight if you don’t replace the existing exhaust pipe.
Those points motivated us to choose aftermarket parts and share our reviews on different models. In this article, we have covered such exhaust systems that are capable of meeting the needs of individuals.
Here’re our top recommended best 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley bagger:
- Top Pick: Freedom HD00232 Exhaust
- Runner-Up: New Supertrapp Stainless Steel Bootlegger
- Best Budget: Bagger Brothers BB-FE2000-BLK-Apollo-CH Maverick
What Is A 2-into-1 Exhaust?
An exhaust system that combines two different fumes from the engine and emits through one exit is called a 2-into-1 exhaust system. Looks and sound play a big role in choosing an exhaust system.
To pass the EPA certification, Harley can’t install louder and bigger exhausts that everyone likes on such muscle bikes. For some advantages, people prefer this type of exhaust system over others. Let’s see what the reasons to install this aftermarket part are.
Why Should You Get A 2 Into 1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger?
When your exhaust system emits fumes through one muffler, the engine performance gets improved. You would only understand this by knowing how 2 into 1 exhaust systems work. We have discussed it later in this article. Let’s start the review after knowing the benefits of this particular exhaust system.
- The first and biggest benefit is that it can increase the power of the engine at low RPMs.
- 2-into-1 exhausts produce a higher pitched sound than true dual exhausts. Not all but most of the bikers prefer the sound.
- With the best 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger, it is possible to shed some weight off your bike. Moreover, it will be even better if the material is carbon fiber and aluminum.
- Performing a good remap with the help of your mechanic would significantly reduce the heat and lean tendencies.
- The other side of the bike gets freed to allow extended saddlebags to store more items. You can also mount an aux tank to keep extra gas for long rides.
Now, let’s jump right into the reviews and spend the money on your Harley’s worthy exhaust.
Best 2 Into 1 Exhaust For Harley Bagger
1. Top Pick: Freedom HD00232 Exhaust
- Step performance system for anti-reversion, full range torque and optimal horsepower
- 21/2" o.D. Full 220 one-piece 16 gauge heavy duty heat shields
- O2 ports & plugs provided for early models Complete with mounting hardware and brackets Fits forward & mid controls Hot Rod sound! Made in the U.S.A.
A 17% increase in horsepower is the main reason anyone would pick Freedom HD00232 Exhaust as the best 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger. Not only that, but the single exhaust also helps to achieve higher torque and low-heat.
All of those improvement capabilities come from the 5-step exhaust system of this product. Moreover, the 3-step header pipe plays a vital role in ensuring anti-reversion and full-range torque.
The baffle is removable, and you can customize it according to your preference. Buying the kit, the bike would either roar or stay quiet when you accelerate.
Besides, the rolled edge makes it more durable and capable of supporting slash up or slash down. The listed model is compatible with the latest Harley Baggers but doesn’t worry if you have an older model. It is because the package includes O2 ports and plugs.
It won’t give you or your mechanic a hard time installing as all of the necessary mounting hardware and brackets are included in the box. 2-exhaust systems weigh more where this one weighs only 30 pounds.
So, is this the best bet available?
Yes, the 16-gauge steel body is one of the most durable pieces of equipment available in the market. The superior sound and overall performance improvement would be worth the investment.
- Easy to install
- Nice sound
- Increases horsepower
- Not ideal for club riders
Summary: The exhaust pipe can effectively send back a positive wave reducing the loss of fresh charges. Also, it can increase the piston pressure to some extent, increasing the overall horsepower count. Get this durable 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger if you like customizable options and a throaty sound.
2. Runner-Up: New Supertrapp Stainless Steel Bootlegger
- All stainless TIG welded design
- High flow stepped headpipe
- Compatible with most extended saddlebags and side covers
- Heatshields not available
- Optional 3-1/2in. end caps for use with standard bags and side covers sold separately
Our only complaint about the New Supertrapp Stainless Steel Bootlegger 2 into 1 exhaust system is the lack of heat shield. Other than that, you would find lots of positive sides that can increase the performance of the Bagger’s engine.
So, can we consider it as an alternative to the top pick?
Yes, you can because buying the heat shield would solve the problem immediately. Other reasons for choosing this model are durability, performance improvement, effective head-pipe design, and compatibility with the extended saddlebags.
The manufacturer sells a 3.5″ end cap to increase the length of the pipe. Those who like long pipe design and don’t mind standard saddlebags can go for this extension.
If you check the specs, you will notice that the pipe is made of stainless steel. Alongside, the TIG welded design ensures one of the strongest joints out there. Before we move on to the summary, let’s see the pros and cons of this product.
- Extended saddlebag compatibility
- Easy to install
- High flow
- No heat shields
Summary: The compatibility of this exhaust system with extended saddlebags is a life-saver to some people. If that is your priority, you can seriously consider buying this one as it has all other standard features with optimum performance.
3. Best Budget: Bagger Brothers BB-FE2000-BLK-Apollo-CH Maverick
- "1996-2016 FLHT - Electra Glide Models (including CVO Models) 1996-2016 FLHR - Road King Models (including CVO Models) 1996-2016 FLTR - Road Glide Models (including CVO Models) 1996-2016 FLHX - Street Glide Models (including CVO Models)"
- Accommodates standard and extended saddlebags
- Megaphone muffler with 4" outlet
- two 18mm O2 sensor ports 1-3/4" head pipes under the protection of a sleek, heat shield. Available in chrome or black
- Black headers and Chrome Apollo Tip REMOVABLE end cap are CNC-machined billet aluminum
Most of the 2 into 1 exhaust systems are expensive for high-quality and durable build along with premium design. So, we couldn’t find a model that can save you a lot.
Here, our best budget 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger comes with some significant issues. Among all the bad sides, poor finishing, and the use of low-quality heat shields are understandable.
But, as a Harley rider, it is unacceptable if the tip of the pipe gets scratched on the road while leaning and turning sharp corners. Other than that, you would find this model worth buying.
It is because there are plenty of positive sides too. Like the runner-up model, you can either go for a standard saddlebag or an extended one. For this benefit, you can thank its 4” megaphone muffler design.
As for style, the manufacturer avails CNC-machined billet aluminum end caps. You have the option to choose the design that fits your customized Harley exterior.
The package includes a full exhaust system so that the installation doesn’t get hard for anyone. After the installation process, start the engine, and you would notice that the exhaust is sounding better and louder than the stock one.
- Durable and stylish tips
- Compatibility with standard and extended saddlebag
- Nice and throaty sound
- Bad finishing
- Poor heat shield
Summary: Those who own a 2016 or older Bagger should consider adding this aggressive noise-making exhaust to their Harley. As it can increase the performance of the engine, make the Harley roar, you shouldn’t hesitate to make a final decision in case of a budget-shortage.
What to Consider Before Buying 2 Into 1 Exhaust For Harley Bagger
Please don’t apply the checklist that you have got for other exhaust systems. There are several niche-specific considerations that you should maintain while buying the best 2 into 1 exhaust for Harley Bagger.
Wouldn’t you love to install an upgrade in your Harley that can increase the fuel efficiency and overall performance of the engine? Yes, you would, and that is why the internal design of our selected 2 into 1 exhaust ensures those improvements.
The low-pressure positive wave travels back to the engine from the exhaust pipe. That stops new charges from leaving the piston’s chamber. Also, it helps the piston to achieve some more pressure increasing the overall HP.
All the customization options include two main features. One allows you to install an extended saddlebag and another helps to match a custom paint job or modification on the bike.
It is essential to ensure that the pipe is made of 16-gauge stainless steel. Besides, aluminum end tips provide enough strength and temperature-tolerance to the exhaust system.
Finally, set your budget and buy one from our suggestion panel. Despite the price difference, all models come with an intelligent internal pipe-design to increase the horsepower.
How 2 Into 1 Exhausts Improve Engine Performance?
The design of a 2 into 1 exhaust holds the secret to the trick of increasing the overall engine performance.
Among two pipes at the engine-end, let’s name them pipe_1 and pipe_2. When the first cylinder sends a pulse of fume or exhaust through pipe_1, it actively plays a role in pulling oxygen into the second cylinder.
Similarly, the first cylinder gets this advantage of pulling oxygen effectively while the second one exits the exhaust through pipe_2. The cycle keeps going, and it ensures better airflow.
Only those Harley-enthusiasts who are not satisfied with the performance of the stock parts should consider buying aftermarket ones. As long as performance is the main priority, we suggest you choose Freedom HD00232 Exhaust.
On the other hand, some need some customization options. For this category, our best budget model, New Supertrapp Stainless Steel Bootlegger, is recommended.
We can’t deny the demerits of the budget model. That’s why our team has availed a better option that has only a length-customizing feature. And, it is our runner-up exhaust system named New Supertrapp Stainless Steel Bootlegger.