Did your marble countertop get stained within a few months? Have you invested a handsome amount on your marble floor but could not maintain it properly?Â Then, you have come to the right place!
Marble is a natural stone material that is fairly porous. Without proper sealing, the stone will work like a sponge. You can encounter scratches, pitting, cracks, stains, and even dulling of the shine for the configuration of this natural stone. But if you frequently seal with your best marble sealer, they will last long.
But you will be in a dilemma while choosing a sealant for your luxurious stone. Thatâ€™s why, we are here with the best marble sealer reviews and want to show you which one product can cater to your niches and preferences.
Here is the quick list best marble sealer:
- Best overall – Miracle Sealants PLUS QT 511
- Runnerâ€™s up – Granite Sealer & Protector – TriNova
- Best-budget – Black Diamond Stoneworks Granite Plus
- For polished marble – StoneTech BulletProof Sealer
- For honed marble – Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511
What Is the best marble sealer?
Marble is composed of calcium carbonate, and so it is sensitive to etch. They are porous, and so they should be treated with the sealant.
The best sealants can seep into the pores and create a protective layer. This product safeguards your surface from scratches and stains. The mixture should perform exceptionally well to treat grouts and enhance your marble’s clarity without disrupting a natural look.
It should be easy to use. And the sealant should offer a comfortable user experience without costing you the earth.
After thorough research and analysis of user-reviews, we have come up with our best marble sealer. And it is theÂ Miracle Sealants PLUS QT 511. (Link to amazon)
Best Marble Sealer Reviews
1. Best overall – Miracle Sealants PLUS QT 511
- Lasts up to 20 years
- UV transparent Penetrating formula
- Safe for food prep surface
- Made for every type of surface (indoor and outdoor)
- 500 – 2,000 square feet per gallon for honed surface
Marble is composed of calcium carbonate, and so it is susceptible to etching by any acids. They are porous, and so they should be treated with the sealant. AndÂ Miracle sealants Plus QT 511Â can fill the pores by creating an invisible protective layer on top.
You don’t want your floor to be too smooth as there are risks of slips hazard. Again, you want to protect them from water. This product is the solution to this quandary. These lifesaver aspects of this effective penetrating sealant have made it the winner, and now it is the trusted name in the sealers worldwide.
You can use it easily, just with a clean towel. For honed surfaces, apply a double coat around 2-3 hours after the initial coating has dried up. Again, the product has some UV light degradation resistant ingredients.
The sealant will transform into a clean, impenetrable, and smooth material on all types of floors. The best part is this product will not break your bank. This sealant is a life-time investment as it is supposed to last about 20 years.Â And 20 years warranty safeguards your investment.
Tip:Â When you have the marble kitchen countertop, wipe up immediately any spills of foods like citrus foods, coffee, wine.
- Delivers long-lasting result
- Saves time and money
- Don’t alter the natural look yet enhances the beauty
- Protects against stainÂ and leaves the surfaces less slippery.
- Oil, water, and weather resistant.
- Don’t go well with the white marbles.
- Has a toxic smell.
Who should buy it?Â
The outcome of this sealant outshines its competitors. If you do not want to break your hearts and do not want to stain your beautiful surface of both exterior and interior, giveÂ Miracle Sealants Plus QT 511Â a shot.
2. Runnerâ€™s up – Granite Sealer & Protector
- â€œAdvanced-Action Stain Protectionâ€ for foolproof internal protection.
- â€œSpray-and-wipe” method
- It protects from water-spots and streaks.
- Removes murky areas on your surface.
- Easy push trigger is designed to lessen finger-fatigue.
When your surface goes through many footsteps, you might think about having a solid product for your floor. Over time, stains will degrade the aesthetics of your surface if you omit using a sealant.
You might already be acquainted with Trinova, a brand synonymous with top-notch, specialized products to restore and maintain your valuables.Â TriNova sealer and protectorÂ is recommended for its great finish. It is versatile and can give your floor a natural look.
As the name suggests, it is a combo of two different products. It is an elegant combination of sealer and protectant for providing sustained maintenance for all types of marbles. It will seep into the pores and create a protective layer as well. This product will safeguard your surface from scratches and stains.
There will be a strong, non-stick, shiny, non-stick coating. It eases the removal of grime and soap scum in the shower. It is a water-based sealant, and so no ventilation is needed. It has a very low VOC and low odor and is food-safe too.
The AASP (Advanced-Action Stain Protection) tech uses a specialized resin (known as polymers) and carries them into the pores.
The mixture performs exceptionally well on treating grouts and enhances your marble’s clarity without disrupting a natural look. It is easy to use. You simply spray the mixture and then rub off the extra liquid by using a soft cloth.
Tips: Do not use regular cleaning products to avoid etching the surface over time.Â
- Quick-drying time and can work on grout
- Seals and creates a protective layer
- Professional-grade and enhances the beauty of your natural stone
- Powerful anti-stain formula
- Spray bottle might not work as well as a soft cloth.
- It takes time to sit on before wiping.
Who should buy it?
If there is a lot of traffic in your house, this one is here to rescue you. It can reduce the water spots and resist the penetration into the pores.
3. Best-budget – Black Diamond Stoneworks Granite Plus
- Â Multi-functional use for Granite, Marble, Travertine, Limestone – as a cleaner as well as a sealer.
- Prevents allergic reactions and doesnâ€™t depend on rinsing.
- Manufactured with bio-safety
Marble is a sturdy flooring material, but it requires some special care and maintenance. And it must be done regularly to protect it from moisture and spills. The unique â€œall-in-oneâ€ formula delivers a wholesome care system.
The specialized â€œcleaner + sealerâ€ strategy will be able to provide a comfortable user experience. It provides strong protection against common yet dangerous stain marks. Above all, this 2-in-1 bundle pack will not break your budget.
It will not change the natural look and makes your surface less slippery. It is food-safe, and protects your kids from accidental slip-ups. You don’t have to remove stains manually, and the water will simply wash away.
The material is oil, water, and weather resistant. It is quite easy to use.
All you need to do is spray the sealant over your clean counter, wipe it dry using a dry cloth, and youâ€™re done. No rinsing is needed. There is no such toxic odor at all.
A Suggestion: Since you have to useÂ every two months for surface maintenance, it is a compromise for the price. To linger the layer of sealant, you can place acrylic or rubber pads under furniture legs.Â
- Best water-based sealer for polished surface.
- Good maintenance cleaner and sealant for all types of natural stone
- Saves time and money
- Keeps kitchen countertop safe for kids
- Pleasantly scented, streak-free, PH neutral formula
- Use every two months for surface maintenance
- The formula can be improved
Who should buy it?Â
This combo is formulated for the busy lives and houses. Kids are running around, entertaining is going on with friends and wine, several cups of coffee per day, rushed meals, and everything else in between – if all of these happen to your house,Â grab this one. You can save your penny yet fulfill your requirements.
4. For polished marble – StoneTech BulletProof Sealer
- stain protector for natural stone and grout
- Covers up to 100 sq. ft.
- Advanced, water-based fluoropolymer formula
- Protects interior surfaces for up to 5 years
- Protects from tough water and oil stains.
- Best sealer for Carrara marble
There is a myth for polished marble, and that is, you don’t need to use sealant on a polished surface. But it is completely wrong! Do the water test, and you will see the result. And the StoneTech BulletProof is here to rescue you.
This product is designed to protect your countertops for a long span. Since a small amount is enough for a large surface, this 1-quart bottle will serve you for a long time.
The advanced micro bond formula helps it to bond with the stone and eliminates frequent reapplications. It will do a decent job by creating a glossy sheen without darkening the stone. It works excellently on grouts.
This sealant is versatile. Apart from the marble, you can apply it on granite, slate, bluestone, limestone, sandstone, flagstone, and many more. It penetrates the deep pores, providing you resistance against wear, eroding, and abrasion.
The application is quite easy, and it is oil and water repellent. The low odor feature is the icing on top.
Tip:Â Always do the sealer test before applying it. If you want to check if this type needs a fresh coat of sealer, place a teaspoon of water on the surface and wait for 20 minutes.Â
- Suitable for different types of countertop surfaces.
- Â Dries very quickly.
- Long-lasting, lasts up to 5 years.
- Professional grade
- Easy to use
- No nasty chemical smell
- Pricier than others
- Not suitable for the food preparation areas.
Who should buy it?
When you want to seal your polished backsplash and counters, you should have this extra-strength product. This professional-grade product will serve you for years.
b Albeit it is a bit pricey, you are offering yourself the exemplary product. However, if you want to love for a reasonable item, take a look atÂ Black Diamond Stoneworks NEX-GEN.
5. For honed marble – Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Impregnator
- Deep-penetrating sealer for large-scale jobs.
- Uses Petroleum Distillate through an oil-based formula
- Offers a UV translucent stain defense, offering clear layers.
- Covers up to 1,000 square feet per quart
- Oil and water-resistant
- Suitable for a variety of mediums
As the name suggests â€˜impregnator’, you can get an idea of how it will work. It will penetrate deeply and work exceptionally well. This product is developed with a solvent-based formula instead of a simple water-based formula that can reach deeper into the grout. And it gives you the protection that lasts longer than most options in the market.
The configuration of honed marble is quite different from the polished one. There are larger pores in the honed stone. This best sealant will give a matte finish on the honed surface.
It will prevent water rings. It is safe to use around food preparing countertops. The best part is its 20-year longevity. And the 20-years warranty (with some conditions is a cherry on top.
Tip: Apply the product carefully to avoid smudge and discoloration.Â
Use a soft microfiber cloth and a pH-neutral cleaner (designed for specific marble) once a week. And you have to use it before sealing your floor.Â
- Long-lasting sealer and superior coverage
- Good for indoor and outdoor surface
- Money-back guarantee covering the full 20 years
- Provides an invisible barrier and let the vapor to escape.
- Easy application and prevents yellowing your floor and discoloration
- High VOC
Who should buy it?
If you want a heavy-duty sealant for large-scale jobs, this product wonâ€™t disappoint. It provides weatherproofing protection and prevents yellowing, oil stains, and slipping issues using UV translucent stain defense.
Buying Guide of Best marble sealer
Nobody likes a dirty home. It gets more disgusting when your beautiful marble floor is covered with a musky layer of dirt. This is where the marble sealer comes to your rescue. To select the best marble sealer in the market, we will need to consider some factors. These factors include:
Penetration of the solution:
When selecting a sealant based on its penetrating power, we come across two types. The topical sealer is the penetrating solution that makes a tough barrier between the floor and the greasy dirt layer. This keeps the floor shining as new.
On the other hand, the penetrating sealants penetrate the surface and make a micro bond with its particles. This allows for easy removal of oils and stains. Thus, it leaves the floor glossy. Here, note that topical sealants are used for matte floors while penetrating ones for glossy marble surfaces.
Ease of use:
Before selecting a sealant, we prefer that you read the instructions first. It is because not all products have the same way of application. Some are spray-on while some need to be set for 10-20 minutes, depending on the wet floor. But this depends completely on your choice. If you have enough time to clean the surface, you can use anything you want to.
To seal the product, sometimes you might need to wait for a long time. The time required for the sealant to work its magic and be ready to use is called curing time. This is necessary when you need to apply multiple coats on the floor. Some products may take less curing time, while some may require 24-72 hours, at least. As we said, you can pick the one you think is right for you.
Depending on the size of the floor and strength of the sealant, the product may come in a bottle of a gallon that covers up to 100 to 4000square feet. We recommend that you should avoid using a spray bottle because it will not have enough product coverage to cover the entire floor.
It is better to use a product that doesnâ€™t need so much fuss. In this case, you can also use a sealant that requires an extra applicator to cover the full surface. This applicator could include a soft pad or cloth.
Warranty is very important before selecting any product. Since the sealant is something that could last a lifetime, select something that has a very appealing warranty. However, before you conclude, make sure that you have enough information about the quality of the product.
You may get some that have 25 years of warranty but are prone to wear and tear over time. It is better to avoid those at all costs. If a sealant gives you 5 years of warranty with the best quality, then pick that one without wasting time.
How to properly seal marble?
If you’ve installed a marble countertop in your house, you need to be careful about its proper maintenance. You’ve to reseal them after a certain time to reinforce their ability to protect against stains.
Sealing: You can understand this by a water test. Pour a few drops of water on various spots of the surface. If they bead in place, you donâ€™t need to apply sealant. But if the water seeps into the surface, then itâ€™s time to apply this process to them.
Cleaning: Spray the cleaner on the counter and dry it with a soft cloth to prevent the stains from interfering in the sealing process.
Applying Sealant: Spray a generous coat of natural-stone sealant so that it completely covers the surface. If the area is large, work in sections.
Buff away the excessive amount with a clean, dry cloth. Apply a buffing motion so that you can see the sealant get absorbed. If it seeps into the marble, apply another coat. Don’t let it completely dry on the surface. If it still stays after 10 minutes, wipe it with a soft cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Often Should You Seal Marble?
As different marbles can be made of different minerals, the period can be different. But experts recommend sealing your countertops every 3-6 months.
Is it necessary to seal marble showers?
If the tile is polished, it has less water absorbency. Therefore, sealing is less important. But in the case of rough tiles, they have high porosity. So they need to go through this process more often, especially if you’ve a lighter colored one.
How Can You Tell If Marble Is Sealed?
Pour Â¼ cup of water in a small area. Wait for 5-10 minutes and wipe it off. If the surface on which you poured the water doesn’t show any discoloration compared to the other, then it’s already sealed.
How Do You Maintain Carrara Marble?
Follow the below steps -Â
- Wash it using warm water and detergent and dry it with a soft cloth several times a week. Never use soap or any abrasive element. Food stains can be lifted by hydrogen peroxide, and ink can be removed with water and bleach.
- These marbles are delicate, and they need to be sealed 2-4 times a year.
- Polishing will help to make it look shiny and leave a water-resistant to prevent etching or spills.
- To fix any crack or etch, hire professionals.
Marble has always been an unparalleled choice for designers, architects, and artists. Its elegant design and gleaming surface always catch everyone’s attention.
Remember to keep in mind about the cost and maintenance before purchasing. Shake off your excess headache and choose the best marble sealer from our list. You wonâ€™t regret it! If you can follow the caveats, this stone installation will be a great addition to your home.
No more stains to worry about!
- What Is The Best Penetrating Concrete Sealer: [Top 6 Picks]
- Best Brick Sealer Reviews: [Top 5 Picks]
- Best Teak Sealer Review: The Definitive Guide
- Best Asphalt Driveway Sealer Reviews: [Your Perfect Pick]
- Best Travertine Sealer: Reviews & Buying guide [Top 4 Picks]
- What Is The Best Sealant For Basement Walls: [Top 5 Picks]